Career counseling can include any of the following:
- A general career assessment may be provided to assess your work interests, needs, values, and experiences.
- The Strong Interest Inventory® and Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® may be incorporated into your career assessment. The Strong Interest Inventory® is a well respected career planning tool. It gives information about career interests and generates a list of ten occupations that are often rewarding to people with those interests. The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® provides information about your vocational interests, preferences, and personality styles.
- Counseling may include a consideration of your leadership style, workplace personality, job growth areas, leadership strengths, teamwork styles, common stressors, and potential conflicts that can arise from personality differences.
- You will be given information about careers that match your workplace interests, needs, values, and experiences.
- You may be helped to develop long- and short-term career goals based on your career assessment.
- Your resume will be created or edited.
- You will receive coaching on job interviewing.